Recent Comments

Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's tough working at T3. Just the other day we did a shoot using the Audi R8. Not only did I have to spend all day driving it around and chatting with the cover model, I also had to take it home at the end of the shoot and look after it.

A rear-mounted camera shows where you're going without craning your neck

Tough, as I say.

Now this thing gets you looks. I lost count of the number of times fellow drivers nearly crashed because it held their gaze as they went round a roundabout. One man wound down his window to shout "Nice car!" at me. And a chav was reduced to just stomping his foot as I sped past, as if to say "Look a that doggone auto-mow-beel, ma!"

But it's got some pretty nifty gadgets too. A rear-mounted camera, for instance. Put it in reverse and you can see where you're going without craning your neck. And turn the wheel and it maps out your turning circle with some handy drawn-on skidmarks.

Granted it won't blow people away like the acceleration will, but I was impressed. As was everyone I showed it to.

The in-built satnav is also really cool. For a start it actually works well, unlike most in-car models I've used. And it shows up a next turn indicator on the dashboard, so you don't have to look at the screen to see where to go. It's done in bright red pixels, just like Knight Rider, which is never bad.

So it looks awesome, makes you feel like a big man, and packs some really cool gadgets. Quite simply the best car I've ever driven.

source:www.t3.com/

0 comments: